Welcome to CYBER GUIDANCE, a virtual high school guidance office I created, to help provide future education direction for students. All of the pages and links are based on all of the questions I’ve received throughout my career.
I now provide private future planning counseling on an appointment basis. Planning for your future should start as early as 8th grade. I have a schedule and plan for all students, from grades 8-12, to maximize their academic potential as well as their activities and experiences, in order to provide access to the desired educational future. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I have served as the Chairman of Guidance and School Counseling Services at Stanton College Preparatory School, a public magnet school in Jacksonville, FL., for the past twenty-nine years. Prior to that, I was a Guidance Counselor at Wantagh High School on Long Island, NY for eleven years. I also worked in higher education at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn and a private high school on Staten Island, NY. Besides performing al of the duties of a School Counselor, I took part in numerous professional activities:
- For four years, I served on the College Board’s Southern Regional Council as the state representative to the College Board.
- I was the Technology Chairman on a University of North Florida Counselor Education Department grant writing team – Transforming School Counseling Initiative.
- Served as Chair of the NACAC Marketing and Technology Committee.
I have presented at numerous venues on all aspects related to School Counseling and also the use of technology in the schools:
- The College Board Summer Institutes for Guidance Counselors,
- The College Board Southern Regional Meetings
- The Southern Association of College Admission Counselors
- The National Association of College Admission Counselors
- Other related conventions, such as the Keynote Speaker at the South Carolina State Conference of Guidance Counselors.